BE THE CHANGE
MAKE A DIFFERENCE THIS MONTH
100% of profits, from our “Be The Change” collection will be donated to the National Forest Foundation.
Five reasons why forests are so crucial for a healthy planet:
1. Forests absorb the carbon dioxide we exhale and pump out clean oxygen for us to breathe. A mature leafy tree can supply a day's worth of oxygen for anywhere from two to ten people.
2. Nearly half of Earth's known species live in forests. This includes 80% of biodiversity on land. Biodiversities are so important for ecosystems and human economies to thrive.
3. They are responsible for keeping us and Earth's temperatures cool. They absorb heat, from things like CO2, and use it for photosynthesis.
4. They feed us. Forests are a huge part of the food chain. Not only do trees produce fruit, seeds, nuts and sap, but they create homes for mushrooms, berries, beetles and not to mention animals like, deer, fish, rabbits and turkeys.
5. They make it rain. For example the Amazon rainforest generates atmospheric conditions that can produce rainfall anywhere from right back into the Amazon or as far as the Great Plains of North America.
THANK YOU FOR BEING THE CHANGE